· We have several criminal clients who call us the day before trial seeking representation for their case
· Don’t wait until the last minute to hire a defense attorney in your case because the longer you wait, the more difficult it is for your attorney to craft a strong defense. Defending against criminal or traffic charges is a process and not something that can or should be done in a 24 hour period.
· Your chances of a favorable result in your case are more likely if you hire an attorney immediately after you are charged with a crime or receive a ticket for a serious traffic offense because your attorney can request discovery and discuss your case with the State’s Attorney
· Time is also important for traffic citations because they have a short period of time for you to either pay a fine or request a hearing. If you wait until the day before trial to worry about your charges, you most likely have missed the deadline required to either pay your fine or request a hearing.
· If you are facing criminal charges or a traffic ticket, don’t delay and call Portner & Shure today for a free consultation